News PS5 and Xbox Series X restock hit Best Buy tomorrow — how to get yours

Dec 15, 2020
I have been hitting refresh since 6am PST but no change to the stock status! Did I miss it, or they never came in stock yet?

Dec 15, 2020
Maybe they never had any plans and this was just a way to drive traffic to their site for the 3-day sale. What a way to waste a large number of people’s time by being ambiguous about the timing “sometime after 8am CST”!

Dec 15, 2020
It's ridiculous. They said "after 9am EST" but gave no real time. I have been trying since 8:30am EST and have had no luck. The website and app were working just fine before 9am EST, then BAM, it crashed. I was never able to get anything other than "Coming Soon" so if it was up and sold out, it sold out in less than a minute. This is almost as bad as the re-selling occurring at 2 or 3xs the price. Build everyone's hopes up then don't live up.

Dec 15, 2020
You guys, I just ordered Xbox Series s from the Microsoft website. I just kept refreshing the page. Still says "order pending", so fingers crossed. Also, says the expected delivery date is Jan 5.

Dec 15, 2020
@Tulip26 how did you order it on Microsoft, there is no product sale page, all it has is links to Walmart, BestBuy etc. for availability.
When you click on the Inventory link for Microsoft - Xbox Series S from the TG article, it'll take you to the xbox page. Click on "check availability" at the top. The xbox page will load - and you'll see "Select a Retailer". HOWEVER, if you keep refreshing this page, a "Buy it Now" button will pop up. Hurry up and click it, then go from there. Even when I got in, the page said "Out of Stock", but I just kept refreshing every page I came to and then it finally let me add to cart and checkout. Also, Walmart is selling them at 3pm online. I would suggest keeping both sites open and toggling between them. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Dec 15, 2020
Thanks @Tulip26! Following your example, I was also able to successfully order an Xbox S at Microsoft!! Now the wait begins. I will keep trying the X as well.
You're very welcome! I found tom's guide to be very helpful in trying to get one of these, so I thought it only fitting to share the wealth.