News PS5 could be the biggest console yet — and that's not good

Jun 19, 2020
This just fits the Sony release scheme.
RTM V1 - Large and in charge
V2 - Skinny
V3 - Slim

There are people out there who will purchase V1 and V3 of the latest PS platform just for those minor improvements so this is seems more like a "hey water is wet" kind of story.

Silent _FK8

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
This article is dumb. It is MUCH easier to store the PS5. In width, its probably 4 to 5 inches... You are telling me you dont have 4-5 inches to stand your PS5 next to your TV?

I find it far more difficult to fit that cinderblock XSX next to any TV or in any entertainment center. Most people will have to stand it up on the floor. Its a massive rectangular box so not sure how anybody plans to incorporate it in there setup.

GMScribe

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
I'm sorry but agreeing with Silent_FK8 this article isn't spouting sense. Sony made a much more sensible decision with the dimensioning of the PS5. It may be tall but at least it's not fat, it's still going to fit under my TV on the modestly sized stand shelf and it's going to sit fairly flush if I stand it to the side. I'm not going to be able to fit the Xbox Series X under my TV and that's a big nono.