PS5 exclusives drove me to buy Xbox Series X — here’s why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2021
I have both PS5 and Series X. I haven't touched my Series X for a few weeks. Why? Because there's nothing new to play on it! You can say all you want about Sony's exclusive crap but who's making new games? Not Microsoft! I love being able to play older games, but come on, next gen means new games not backwards compatibility! I'm no fanboy of anything I love games and right now that's PS5!

Reactions: ClanPsi
Mar 1, 2021
I will buy Xbox Series X not PS5. PS5 may have more exclusives, but not all of them are that good. My favourite Playstation games like God of War and Gran Turismo are not that good anymore like before. Gamepass is better in every way. Imagine paying that 70$ for that PS5 exclusive game and find out that the game is not what you were expecting or hoping for. It happened to me when I bought Gran Turismo Sport for PS4, buying it full price and I was very dissapointed with its lack of content and always online. I even sold my PS4 and buy Xbox One X and I am happily satisfied with it. I love racing games and Forza Horizon 4 brought me back into an Xbox Ecosystem with its quantity and quality unlike GT Sport. Microsoft have acquired some few game studios, and I hope they will expand their exclusives this time.

Last edited:

ClanPsi

Estimable
Oct 23, 2016
So you bought a Series because PlayStation has better games, but you don't want to support the developers by buying them, so you're instead going to pay $15 / m for garbage. Yep, makes sense.

Reactions: jcsc1437

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
I have a series x but eventually I'll get both but I'll only use the ps5 for exclusives and even then not many because I find sony exclusives to often be shallow but visually gorgeous and gorgeous sells.

Primarily I'm a pc gamer anyways but whenever I play multiplayer it's on xbox because of all the cheating on pc.

Also you can't beat gamepass plus Microsoft has a significanly better network. I usually download at 380 Mb/s from xbl and from psn I'm lucky to get 40. Its not a location issue either believe me and I have a very low latency gigabit connection. Psn is slow, it's unreliable and probably insecure.

jcsc1437

Estimable
Oct 2, 2017
So you bought a Series because PlayStation has better games, but you don't want to support the developers by buying them, so you're instead going to pay $15 / m for garbage. Yep, makes sense.
Seriously lol, this guy makes zero sense. I'd rather pay $70 for great exclusives compared with gamepass "filler" experiences. Also, $70 games besides exclusives will be the new norm on both consoles...

Mar 1, 2021
"Supporting the developer"... If a company makes garbage, would you support it? What makes me mad is that there are more gamers than ever and more games being sold but these companies like PlayStation need to make their games more expensive... During a pandemic... There are a lot of people who can't afford $70 dollars on a video game right now. You only think for yourself not for the millions of people on this planet that are being affected by the pandemic right now. "Supporting the Developer"... Still makes me giggle. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to buy a crap video game because I want to "Support the Developer".

Mar 1, 2021
I have both PS5 and Series X. I haven't touched my Series X for a few weeks. Why? Because there's nothing new to play on it! You can say all you want about Sony's exclusive crap but who's making new games? Not Microsoft! I love being able to play older games, but come on, next gen means new games not backwards compatibility! I'm no fanboy of anything I love games and right now that's PS5!

Neither company is making new games like they were. Microsoft is purchasing game studios so they can have plenty of exclusives all year long. We are in a pandemic you know, so remastering old games or just bringing them backwards compatible is the quickest way to satisfy players. Making these $100 million dollar budget games is hard when everyone is working from home. You act like either company can just ignore the disease and put everyone in the same room working on games. Until the pandemic is over the games won't be produced at high numbers. You say "I'm not a fanboy" which if you are that's all you, but don't say paying $70 dollars for a crap game is right. GamePass is killing the market right now. You say "there isn't anything to play" when that's absolutely the opposite. Over 200 games and all of Xbox exclusives are coming there free as long as you keep your subscription. Xbox does something stupid the fan base criticizes them and bashes them. Xbox gets better because of it. That's why all of those years the players have been on Xbox's backside to be "better". PlayStation does wrong... Crickets. And I wondered why PlayStation is acting like EA and Activision with their platform. The Dual Shock controller is more than the Xbox controller but has a "drifting" problem. But I heard this Duel Shock controller is just perfect... Yeah right. The AMD chip they have in the PS5... Yeah... Apparently it isn't capable of a lot of features that Sony promised. Don't believe me? Search it up. You know the sad thing about the PS5 is how they stabbed their player base in the back and I don't hear anything from their player base. If this keeps going on, PlayStation will turn out being a very anti consumer company which is all ready to be the case.

Reactions: Isaac Modimokwane
Mar 1, 2021
I don't understand the logic here:
This is a conservative estimate, assuming that every game the person buys is at full price ($70).

So yeah, a games journalist who is paid to play lots of different games saves money on a subscription. The rest of us are duped into the same subscription money-grab that has taken over music, TV, and movies.

And to top it all off, we still haven't seen a compelling game released for XSX.

Mar 1, 2021
"Supporting the developer"... If a company makes garbage, would you support it? What makes me mad is that there are more gamers than ever and more games being sold but these companies like PlayStation need to make their games more expensive... During a pandemic... There are a lot of people who can't afford $70 dollars on a video game right now. You only think for yourself not for the millions of people on this planet that are being affected by the pandemic right now. "Supporting the Developer"... Still makes me giggle. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to buy a crap video game because I want to "Support the Developer".
so wait people have £400-£450 to buy a PS5 but cannot afford games? I'm sorry when you pay the £70 you really are paying for quality whether you like the game or not is down to preference but it is still paying for quality and supporting game devs Microsoft model just isnt feasible for other companies Sony seem to be focused on making bug budget AAA games and those cost a lot of money to make so i understand the price hike...not that I'm happy to pay more money but i will not complain about it because i know the games i like

Mar 1, 2021
Who said all Playstation exclusives are great? Are you sure about that?
Who said Microsoft does not have great exclusives?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021
You're perfectly demonstrating your lack of understanding of the industry with this line:
"I downloaded The Medium and gave it a shot. I was pretty underwhelmed, but I didn’t care because it was included in my Game Pass subscription — so giving the game a shot didn't cost me anything"
Not only this is why so many studios are strugling to meet both ends and die (or are being bought.... then die)
But you're clearly privileging qualtity over quality without caring about what you consume.
Apply this to food, for exemple, and the problem becomes more apparent.
Production value on AAA titles means production cost.
If you only want to play indy games, go on Steam, but don't write irrelevant opinions about consoles

russell_john

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
To me the real difference maker is for all practical purposes the Xbox and the PC are now in same market ..... Microsoft effectively doubled their Market Share by offering up the Xbox exclusives on PC so at the end of the day Xbox + PC > Sony in market share ..... Plus Microsoft doesn't have to take a loss on PCs like the do with the Xbox and Sony does with the PS5 ..... Sony is getting hit twice as hard right now because of all the unit Scalpers are sitting on which is a huge loss for Sony until they are activated and people start buying games and services for them

Exclusives are really no longer a viable business strategy when you are making nearly all your money from software and services and taking a loss on the hardware .... If Sony were smart they'd start offering up games to the PC at release and work PCs into the Sony Ecosystem too

Reactions: Isaac Modimokwane
Mar 1, 2021
To me the real difference maker is for all practical purposes the Xbox and the PC are now in same market ..... Microsoft effectively doubled their Market Share by offering up the Xbox exclusives on PC so at the end of the day Xbox + PC > Sony in market share ..... Plus Microsoft doesn't have to take a loss on PCs like the do with the Xbox and Sony does with the PS5 ..... Sony is getting hit twice as hard right now because of all the unit Scalpers are sitting on which is a huge loss for Sony until they are activated and people start buying games and services for them

Exclusives are really no longer a viable business strategy when you are making nearly all your money from software and services and taking a loss on the hardware .... If Sony were smart they'd start offering up games to the PC at release and work PCs into the Sony Ecosystem too
Thank you brother

Mar 1, 2021
so wait people have £400-£450 to buy a PS5 but cannot afford games? I'm sorry when you pay the £70 you really are paying for quality whether you like the game or not is down to preference but it is still paying for quality and supporting game devs Microsoft model just isnt feasible for other companies Sony seem to be focused on making bug budget AAA games and those cost a lot of money to make so i understand the price hike...not that I'm happy to pay more money but i will not complain about it because i know the games i like
Paying $70 dollars doesn't mean your paying for quality. Lets use COD cold war for an example. $70 dollars for the "Upgraded next gen graphics edition" when the game is still in ruins. The release of the game was absolute crap that people were refunding it. The campaign on the Series X and the PS5 was a glitchy mess in the cut scenes would literally cut in and out, and the gameplay was just generic. The game has been on sale so many times that it was ridiculous. I know CyberPunk isn't a $70 dollar game but that game was utterly a disappointment. We've seen $60 games being absolute crap and a waste of money. $70 dollars isn't going to make it any better. There are so many more consumers in the gaming market but yet they have to increase the amount for a game that most likely be a meh or just bad.

ubdu2

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2015
Sooo... This ridiculous article boils down to: "I'd rather rent average-to-good games from a predetermined pool, rather than pick and choose excellent games to buy."

May 6, 2021
Why even buy the XBOX though? Do you not own a decent PC? buying Game Pass ultimate covers everything already. You get all of the XBOX exclusives and don't need to throw down on an extra console.

Status
Not open for further replies.