PS5 offers a better gaming experience that the Xbox Series X

May 28, 2023
I own both next consoles ( also the series s ) and honestly all I can say is that if you are a couch competitive player stick to PS5 as it offers way lower input latency and it's consistent even with 3D audio. I feel Xbox messed up with the DLI, it's pointless and feels simulated. However, it's great when wired. Technically you are better off with a monitor setup on a series x. Also, forget about 3D audio, anything other than stereo compressed introduces input lag, even with a wired controller while are connected to a wireless headset, just to let you know that stereo is not bad just that 3D spatial audio makes a HUGE difference in a competitive shooter. Maybe it's something Microsoft can fix at a later date, could be a hardware limitation, who knows.

May 29, 2023
It's not the hardware, the XSeriesX is supposed to have slightly better hardware than the PS5. It has to be the programming in the Microsoft console that's holding it back. The interface is not pleasing on the Xbox series X either.
This is the very first time I went Xbox over Playstation and I really wish I hadn't. I just couldn't wait.

May 31, 2023
I have both.

You missed talking about the awesomeness that is Activity Cards that take you right to where you left off, boots directly into a desired mission, or directly into your desired online game play mode. I often end up having to restart games after they've sat in quick resume for too long, then navigate menus back to where I wanted to be. Activity Cards removes both steps.

Also Hint cards for help when you need are clutch.

Latency as noted in the article is a serious issue for the Series X, as well as the lower refresh rate between the controller and console. If you ever wonder why your PS controller dies faster, it's because it's talking to the console more than 2x as much as the Xbox controller, telling it your live inputs.

STOKANATOR

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2016
Well I'm still taking part in it but this conversation is typically made by only by fanboys (doesn't sound like that's you, you gave prop to both). These machines are so close to the same when it comes to performance, if ran side by side with the console hidden I'd bet non games and light to mid gamers wouldn't be able to tell the difference. There are plenty of games on both consoles, and there's no consistency, one game will play better on the Series X and the next will go to the PS5. That said until PlayStation evolves PS-Plus and untangles the cluster that it is. Xbox is so far along with its Game Pass it by far makes the system the best value, a value that doubles up and allows me to also play on my laptop.

Now if you want to play on a 70" TV, hey maybe you might pull a slightly better picture on the PS5 if you want to get real close with a magnifying glass, but I'd guess their mid console launch will curb stomp the PlayStation just like last generation. Consoles being built like PC's these days gives the slight nod to Xbox when they really want to make a console that just knocks it out of the park (as long as its not your entire entertainment control system).

Last edited by a moderator: