PSN Still Not Back; Still No ETA from Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I wonder what they'll do with SSF4 Arcade Edition coming soon... They can't loose that game launch IMO. That would suck so much for them.

Cheers!

G

Biggest accomplishment you will ever make. Congrats :)

I still only have GT5 for the PS3 and no other games lol, but this problem with security doesn't make me want to buy any more games for the PS3 even though I never put any CC #'s in

kujospam

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I really wish they had their online gaming portion up already. I would assume they could, and should keep that separate from online buying and downloading portion. I own 2 xbox and 2 ps3s. But because how sony handles user accounts, I prefer ps3 greatly over xbox. Almost thinking about selling my other xbox because of it. It's not worth having to remember to move your usb stick when you want to use a different xbox. More so when you want to be sneaky about it to you don't wake the kids. Also when it comes to downloadable content. I love being able to play it on both ps3s as long as my profile is on the box instead of being active. So I can buy the game once, and play it on both ps3, unlike xbox where I would have to buy the game twice just so my wife and I can play. Plus ps3 works a lot better as a media server then the xbox. Both in menu function, and in the amount it can do. But xbox is better for online play for most popular games, only because it has a bigger US base. I'm disappointed in you sony, but PS Plus is great.

PCGOD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
well at least they're following the blizzard and valve philosophy of "it's ready when it's ready". would rather they get it right this time then rush it back up.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
People complaining about the extension needs to calm down a bit and think. Would you rather have them cut corners to get it back online ASAP just to risk further attacks (like hackers have promised) or give them as much time as they need to secure their system?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
No system is ever going to be 100% secure because hackers will always find a way to break into the network if the reward is good enough. Their biggest mistake is not encrypting the user information. Had they done this then it wouldn't be too big of a problem until they break the encryption. By then the stolen data is too old to be worth anything.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
This is really a huge problem for sony. Everybody is going to think that the PSN is completely unreliable now... Oh wait. It is. :p

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
On the plus side by now the heavy withdrawals the fan-boys experienced must be receding and
the may actually be doing something with their lives other than playing the PS3 and going on internet forums to defend, praise, and attack the Xbox. Who knows maybe some of them have even come in contact with sunlight!

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The problem is that Sony is only concerned about their publishers, sales, and implementing better copy protection. If sony truly cared, they'd blow out all credit card information, separate online play from the store, and allow their customers to use the online game-play features. But instead, they'll focus on keeping big business happy by expediting the sales side, while screwing over the little guy. I don't even care about online play, but I purchased the PS3 version of Portal2 exclusively because I could play it on both my ps3 and my pc. If I knew I wouldn't be able to activate it for over 2 weeks I would have bought it for the X360.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
They keep trying to rub in that it's an "incredibly complex system". Sounds to me like it just wasn't built very cleanly. A major mark of a good developer is that his code is understandable and documented. Apparently they lacked good developers when building PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.