PSP Go Gets Early Price Break in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

$149.99 is the sweet spot for me. I just don't see the point in paying that much for a device with an anemic game library. Digitally downloaded games should be $9.99 - $14.99, $4.99 for class games. The current pricing is probably to pay the guys supporting the PS Network; hey, nothing's for free.

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
$200 for a 16GB BT enabled mp3 player that is a WAY better gaming platform than an ipod touch is pretty pretty reasonable for me... but then again, $250 is cool with me also.
BUT if my original PSP wouldn't been stolen, I'd find hard to justify $200 for a device that doesn't have very much extra to offer.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
sony probably planned this from the beginning so people will jump on the system when it's 199. Mind you that's still a lot

G

As the owner of an 2nd gen original psp thats broken, I now have pile UMDs that will have ZERO use if I buy a psp go. As I can't play my UMD games, Sony won't get another cent off of me as far a handheld devices go. The 3 free games thing is a sham too, those old games being offered don't replace the money I spent last year on decent, newer games. I realize piracy is a problem for the old psp, but giving paying customers who actually bought the stupid UMDs the shaft is just stupid on Sony's part.

$200 dollars? I'll still rather have a wii.

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]broken_sticks[/nom]sony appear to shaft people with regards to formats quite a lot.UMD, mini-disc, betamax....[/citation]
I don't think mini-disc has anything to do with Sony shafting it's costumers. Mini disc had the misfortune of coming to the market just a bit too late, in time when CD-R and later MP3's were becoming common place.
And betamax while superior to VHS disappeared from every day use because of price and the dislike and distrust of movie studios and big TV stations. It did held firm in semiprofessional and professional use.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Why should people feel sorry for the dumb asses who have to have this technology first and then bitch because the price gets dropped a few months...

On a side note this thing is still way too expensive I mean they shrunk it a little and took out the drive so you now only have wireless and are forced to buy the games online and hopefully they release the older games for the new system. The PSP Go should be $150 not a penny more. Or if you pay the $250 you get a few free game downloads.

Don't get me wrong I can't wait until the days when we don't have disks anymore and just download them skipping the price gouging you get at Game Stop or Amazon for rare games but I digress.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Winterblade[/nom]$200 for a 16GB BT enabled mp3 player that is a WAY better gaming platform than an ipod touch is pretty pretty reasonable for me... but then again, $250 is cool with me also.BUT if my original PSP wouldn't been stolen, I'd find hard to justify $200 for a device that doesn't have very much extra to offer.[/citation]
Add cellphone capability to the PSPGo and watch it skyrocket for $250. Until then, I think it will go unnoticed.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]...I can't wait until the days when we don't have disks anymore and just download them skipping the price gouging you get at Game Stop or Amazon for rare games but I digress.[/citation]
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that.

They seem to be quite intent on charging you the same price or more given the 'convenience' of digital distribution (despite the cost reduction they realize on such a model).

G

In the UK this is twice the price of the older PSP, but all it really offers is some storage built in. Doesn't make sense to me so I'll stick with my old one...

Magnumload

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
If the price drops to $199.99, I will for sure buy one. I don't have an older PSP so I'm not worried about the UMD situation, smaller form, which is great for me. Plus, I swear most games on the PSP look better than the games on the Wii.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well I guess steam is the oddball in that case, a lot of games I can buy from them beat in store prices. But time will tell. I wouldn't doubt it will eventually go that route but I can't see it in the near future. Maybe within 10 years as an added option.

Status
Not open for further replies.