PSPgo: Hacked Just Days After Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hecka funny, first people complain because it's got a UMD drive, now people are complaining that the new PSP DOESN'T have the drive. I think they should have kept the drive until the PSP 2 comes out, because old vs. new PSP 1 owners are supremely divided.

They could have at least went along with their original plan to provide a UMD to flash memory converter.

Yet now, since I don't already own a PSP, I won't be purchasing one because I'm too confused by which one to get.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Sony should have stopped treating their customers like shit and let their customer make digital copies of their UMD games. Yeah, I am aware that Sony probably made an agreement with studios to not allow digital copies, but I could care less. I made no agreement and as a customer, I expect to only have to purchase one copy of a song, game, movie, or book and still be able to use it until I die.

At that point, I expect that it be usable by whomever I have inherit the media, until the life of the media expires(nothing actually last forever). Once the life of the media comes to an end, then I expect to be able to make a backup of the media to continue to use it. Companies trying to artificially boost their revenue by forcing customer to purchase multiple copies of the same item should be extremely illegal.

You know, I actually see some false advertisement going on around us. Every time I watch a DVD or Blu-ray, or other media, I always hear advertisements telling me to "Own a copy today". It does not say, "license a copy until we decide to force you to purchase another license"; it tells me to "own a copy...".

Small print and fast-talking disclosures should be illegal and companies should have to give "plain English" ToSs and ELUAs, as well as give all pertinent disclosures on all advertisements.

I will continue to support the PSP CFW community until Sony quits screwing their customers. I do enjoy having a PSP, as it gives me easy-to-carry entertainment, I just hate having to get CFW to do with the PSP what I wish. I have never downloaded a game for my PSP that I have not already purchased(either UMD or digital copy). Just like jail-broken iPhones, CFW has really made the PSP do some awesome things.

Of course, instead of Sony fitting the same old shit technology in a small form factor, they should have released an improved PSP(i.e. PSP 2, or whatever they want to call it). HD portable games, dual analog joysticks, and various other features that people have been wanting for quite some time.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Or the PSPgo isn't selling because it looks like shit...
If I do finally buy a PSP, it'll be a PSP slim. Same hardware performance from what I've heard, and it looks a hole hell of a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.