Solved! Purchasing a Laptop and Need Help.

mtivi

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Hi, I have already done some searching here, but unable to decide what laptop I want. I am looking for a laptop under, but no more than a thousand dollars that can handle high-end gaming( or close to it), I also do video-editing, and word-processing for school. I need something with a comfortable keyboard as well. Besides the low price, another problem is that I would prefer the laptop did not weigh more than six pounds I do not care about battery life or Harddrive size. Is it possible for me to find what I am looking for? If so, what do you all reccomend? If not, what is my next best option? Thanks.

@ Bestbuy: Asus G60JX Core i5-430M & GeForce GTS 360 16" 1366x768 LCD $900 It's over 7 lbs though.
Model: G60JX-RBBX05 | SKU: 9736955 http://www.bestbuy.com/ type in the SKU number on the site search option to find correct laptop.

Asus G60J review (specs are different but the rest of the review should be accurate)

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

What about the Alienware M11x? It is very light weight (4.4 lbs) and can handle high-end gaming. It does has a smaller screen though (11.6"). Are you looking for something bigger?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

mtivi

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
I am not a big fan of Dell or the alienware design. The asus mentioned is nice, but it is just it is just a little heavier than I wanted on top of the heavy load that I am already carrying. I would be willing to potentially go a bit higher on the price. If I could stay on the lighter end, and still have the function I want that would be best.