Purchasing a machine which is reliable for intensive rendering, animating and film editing etc, would appreciate guidance

MrGamie

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
Hi there, I am a uni student that is looking for either a laptop or a computer (preferably a laptop) to enhance and maintain the work without much struggle, the software I am currently using is 3ds max, maya, premier pro, possibly zbrush and others later on, my real question is what is the most efficient and suitable machine for this task, laptop or desktop? and which OS, is windows 8 more effective than 7? I am currently looking at the Novatech Elite N1604, specs are here (http://www.novatech.co.uk/modifier.html?s=NNB-B29) although i have been looking at other desktops, would appreciate feedback :)
Thanks

Solution
Best a cheapest option would be to build your own desktop PC. You can get a barebones also and add the parts you want. You want windows 8.1, win 7 is fantastic and I still use it but support for it stops next year i think. If you have a budget in mind that would help.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Best a cheapest option would be to build your own desktop PC. You can get a barebones also and add the parts you want. You want windows 8.1, win 7 is fantastic and I still use it but support for it stops next year i think. If you have a budget in mind that would help.

Solution