Push 4 different movies to 4 different HDMI TV's in 4 different rooms

Pardana

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
I want to build a new PC that will send 4 different movies to 4 different PC in 4 different rooms. I am planning on using HDMI over cat6 adapters. I have a New radeon Video card with 4 x HDMI output and 1 display port. I am looking for software , and hardware if needed to enable me to queue up the videos on the local PC and only show the final out put on the end monitor. I also need to ensure that the audio goes to each monitor / TV as well. Any thoughts on software? do I need to look at switches?

Solution
The video is easy enough but the audio is a massive challenge because it is an all or nothing kind of deal. There are some audio control panels that allow to specify output based on what program you are using, which would mean you need to run 4 different video players and have the audio chipset and program with that ability.

The much much simpler solution is to setup a Plex or XBMC server on the pc with the movies and have local devices at each display to receive the content via local network (preferably wired Ethernet over wifi). XBMC is much more configurable but requires either a dedicated computer or a limited number of android type devices. Plex is more widely utilized, you can even use roku's for it, it is also a little more...
The video is easy enough but the audio is a massive challenge because it is an all or nothing kind of deal. There are some audio control panels that allow to specify output based on what program you are using, which would mean you need to run 4 different video players and have the audio chipset and program with that ability.

The much much simpler solution is to setup a Plex or XBMC server on the pc with the movies and have local devices at each display to receive the content via local network (preferably wired Ethernet over wifi). XBMC is much more configurable but requires either a dedicated computer or a limited number of android type devices. Plex is more widely utilized, you can even use roku's for it, it is also a little more easy to setup.

It will not be an issue for you pc to output the movies from the hard drive to 4 different sources over the network as a 1080p movie only requires about 20mbps bandwidth.

Solution