PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

symbiosis22

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I've been trying to fix my Alienware 17 R2 for some time, just gave it a new screen and a brand new harddrive. I've been trying to boot it up with a USB that has Windows 10 on it, but I keep getting the prompt in the title: Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM. I just popped the thing open, and the harddrive is connected just fine inside. I'd really appreciate any help here, I just want this dang thing to work.

Solution
PXE says that it is not attempting to boot from your USB, the internal HD doesn't have an OS so it is attempting to boot over the network and failing. You need to look into why it isn't finding your USB boot media. It is either a boot order problem which you could fix in the BIOS or the USB really isn't configured correctly as a bootable device.

Have you tried the USB in another computer to verify that it really is bootable?

kanewolf

Judicious
PXE says that it is not attempting to boot from your USB, the internal HD doesn't have an OS so it is attempting to boot over the network and failing. You need to look into why it isn't finding your USB boot media. It is either a boot order problem which you could fix in the BIOS or the USB really isn't configured correctly as a bootable device.

Have you tried the USB in another computer to verify that it really is bootable?

Solution

alpamo6

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Start the System
Enter into BIOS by pressing Ctr+Alt+Del then hold F10
navigate to Boot Manager
Change the Boot Mode from Lagacy to UEFI by pressing F6
Save by pressing F10.
Problem Solved.
Thank me Later

Reactions: pfsines
Feb 12, 2018

Registered to specially thank you now not later :) Thank you my day savior!

Status
Not open for further replies.