Qsound settings in VIA HD Audio Deck don't produce any changes

anil_robo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I'm using onboard audio (motherboard ASRock M3a770de). I have connected the lime/green colored jack on the I/O panel to Audioengine A5+ powered speakers using 3.5mm cable. The speakers sound good - they are stereo speakers without any subwoofer (2.0 system). I have installed the audio drivers from the manufacturer's website.
After I installed the audio drivers, I saw a new application "VIA HD Audio Deck" and I was playing with the settings. See the picture:

Now I wonder what this "Qsound" is. I have played with all the settings on the tab, but they do not produce any change in the sound at all. Specifically, I have ticked the following options on: "Qsound Enable", QXEnable, Qsizzle Enable (level 6.0), QRumble enable (level 6.0) and EQ Enable (all sliders to the top).
Is this Qsound just a marketing gimmickry or do I have to do something special to hear the Qsound?

anil_robo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Update: After fiddling with it for a long time, I seem to have found the answer. The Qsound and its other options don't work with sample rate of 192k (what I was using earlier). Changing sampling rate to anything else (44, 48 and 96k) makes Qsound functional.