Quad Core Laptops

prince_xaine

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Hello Community,

As I'm sure we're all aware, Quad-Core CPUs in laptops seem to be rare. You see, I am a firm believer in value for performance, and in my opinion, dual core processors just aren't it. So my question is, where is the budget line-up for real Quad-Core Laptops? I'm not looking for "4" logical processors, I would love to have 4 REAL Cores.

It is also important to note I am not looking for a "gaming" laptop either. I just want something a bit higher end than the dual cores, but at a reasonable price. Ivy Bridge or better please.

Solution
Pretty much most recent laptops are sporting 8th Gen i5 or higher are true quad cores. 8th gen doubled amount of cores for U series CPUs, at least those I5 and greater, not sure about I3 ones.

Just purchase any laptop with such 8th Gen I5 and you have it, no point looking for old laptops unless you are running on fumes.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
It would help to be a lot more specific as to what you are looking for.

So, you are looking for a older used laptop? I am confused.

Ebay lists many many older laptops with real quad cores:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l2632.R2.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=i7&_sacat=175672

You didn't state your budget. Here is a new option.
My wife enjoys her Lenovo Flex 14 $599, for a non-gaming laptop. This i7 has 4 cores ant 8 threads.
http://

I guess, I am still confused about the trouble you are looking for help with as 4 cores or more are plentiful at almost all budgets.

Gaidax

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Pretty much most recent laptops are sporting 8th Gen i5 or higher are true quad cores. 8th gen doubled amount of cores for U series CPUs, at least those I5 and greater, not sure about I3 ones.

Just purchase any laptop with such 8th Gen I5 and you have it, no point looking for old laptops unless you are running on fumes.

Solution

prince_xaine

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Thank you, budget wasn't really an object, it was more so the value for performance I was worried about. Dual Core honestly shouldn't even be a thing anymore in my opinion.