Query about buying new laptop *URGENT*

Asnad Sajin

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Hi, I am planning to buy a laptop with high performance within mid range budget. Recently,I choose two laptops with INTEL HM87 Chipset with Intel Core i5 5th Gen 5200U+2.2 GHz Turbo up to 2.7 GHz, 3 MB Cache and the other one is 99 Chipset with Intel Core i5 4th Gen 4200H Processor+2.8 GHz up to 3.40 GHz, 3 MB Cache. Which one will be best on terms of speed and performance between two? Please let me choose the right one... Wishing your quick reply. Thanks :)

AgentLOL

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
It's possible that I may reccomend an even better laptop if you give me how much you would pay max. Also tell me what you plan on doing on it. And tell me if you favor portability over performance, the other way round, or in between?

Asnad Sajin

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
In fact,I am planning to buy ASUS K550JX-4200H 4th Gen Core i5 or ASUS X555LF-5200U 5th Gen Core i5.
Here,the major difference is 2.80 GHz (3.40 GHz by Turbo Frequency) 3M Cache vs 2.20 GHz (2.70 GHz by Turbo Frequency) 3MB Cache and Processor : Intel Core i5 4th Gen 4200H vs Intel Core i5 5th Gen 5200U and Graphics card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950M 2GB vs NVIDIA® GeForce® 930M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM

Even if,I need more performance rather than portability. Please suggest me some good laptop model with the price at best 700USD. Thanks in advance? Last thing to know,how is ASUS laptop for overall activity?

AgentLOL

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

Guessing that you need some portability, being a laptop. So, I'm guessing some gaming and low insensitivity work? That is, light gaming. Where do you live? It doesn't seem that I can find any of them in the USA. What currency are you using?

Best $700 laptop on the market, and you don't care about portability as much? The Macbook is for you. JK I wouldn't recommend that to you lol. Asus seems to have some bloatware/ware, but for the most part, pretty good otherwise. I'd recommend to have some SSD in there with a hard drive for very fast speeds, as it's becoming the new thing, especially in laptops.

Since I'm not sure what you're doing on that computer, I'm guessing you're doing web browsing only, as a gaming laptop would at least need a gpu different from that of intel's cpus. This looks good for that then:
ASUS Zenbook UX305FA 13.3-Inch Ultraslim Aluminum Laptop

If you want to game some bit, then a more powerhouse would do you better. At 700 bucks, thats a little hard to come by. This is 100 bucks more than your price, but it offers much more. It gives you a broadwell i7, with high end graphics for a CPU from Intel, an SSD, a 950m (the one you had) with 2GB, the CPU with 8GB RAM, and some other things. This is all on Asus's website, which may differ in price on other websites. ASUS K501LX-EB71 Intel i7 2.4GHz 8GB Memory 256GB SSD GTX 950M 15.6-inch Laptop

Hope you enjoy! But i rly need to know what tasks you are doing on it. Rendering a video, look elsewhere. Browsing the web/other light tasks, look no further to these laptops!