Question Query: How to access and replace the CMOS battery in the Compaq Presario 2700 laptop

Jan 3, 2021
Hello. I am new to this website, so bear with me, thanks.

I have vintage Compaq Presario 2700 laptop (purchased new in 2002) that still works, albeit with outdated Windows XP software and which cannot be upgraded to Windows 10.

However, this laptop can still be utilized for various offline purposes so I'm not keen on scrapping it just yet (yes, I do own more recent model laptops).

The current problem is that the CMOS button battery (presumably the 2032 type?) needs replacing but unfortunately thus far I see no relevant YouTube tutorials and only vague "solutions" via a Google Search.

Presumably, the CMOS battery is somewhere on the motherboard. Can anyone provide me with either a video tutorial or detailed description as to how to whether the CMOS battery is accessible from the top or the bottom or the Presario 2700 and exactly what screws must be removed? I would rather not disassemble the entire laptop to accomplish this and doubt that this would even be necessary.

Please advise.

Thank you.

NB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 9
J Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Hossainkh Laptop Tech Support 13