Question Question about an Acer Nitro 5 or laptops in general

Oct 30, 2020
Now before I continue with my post, I’m sorry if I confused anybody. Just try to put it in my simpler terms for me if possible and thank you!
Hello all, I want to buy the specific model of the Acer Nitro which is an515-55-53ag. Since this model in particular is the latest i5 but doesn’t have as much data I’d want I was wondering and thinking of a couple of questions.
So first of all, what I want to do is replace or install an stick of ram and also install a new ssd. I don’t know how it works but I saw a Best Buy answer for the ssd saying:
“This comes with one M.2 SSD slot and one 2.5" slot for a SATA3 or SSHD drive.”
Does this mean it has 2 extra or does it have one extra? And how the heck do I know which is the right one to buy and install?
For my final question, do all laptops and PCs take the same type of ram? The Acer team replied to a comment saying the fastest tested ram for the laptop was DDR4 3200, and it looks like ram used for a PC. Would it matter specifically what type it was or is any time of ram good?
Thank you for responding. Have a good day.

Oct 30, 2020
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tLJvGH7UA

You will need laptop RAM -> S0DIMM modules
If you wanted extra storage and extra ram, acer has the AN515-55-52KW. all features seems to be the same except double ram and ssd.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.Q7JAA.003

specs for the model you are asking about10.0.0.0.1
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.Q7MAA.006

to answer your question about all laptops having the same ram, Nope. within the same series yes, but not in general overall.
thankyou guys!!! that was really helpfulll

AlHuneke

Upstanding
Jul 7, 2020
He does say "ground yourself" but then proceeds to dismantle the machine on a table top that is likely not anti-static (not grounded). Sitting in a chair, moving your feet will generate static. You won't feel it, but a few hundred volts is enough to destroy some ICs. The shock you feel when you get a static "shock" is typically on the order of 10000 volts. Best plan is to wear a grounded wrist strap and work on a grounded anti-static mat. You can be less cautious, but the risk increases. You can likely work on many computers with no problems and then one day you zap something.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop General Discussion 0
P Laptop General Discussion 0
N Laptop General Discussion 0
Zhashu Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 4
S Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 3
botty Laptop General Discussion 3