Question about BFBC2 weapon unlocks

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
How do I unlock the "SPECACT" (special action) weapons in battlefield bad company 2? Also, how do I unlock the M1 Garand?

I have ALL of the over weapons/gadgets unlocked except the SPECACT weapons and the WW2 M1 rifle.

Other than the camo skin, what is the difference between the SPECACT weapons and their regular counterparts? Are they more accurate or cause more damage than the normal weapons?

This is really bugging me.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

I have BF2. So all I have to do is get BF heroes and I should be able to unlock the SPECACT and the M1 Garand?

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
you combine your accounts. on the battlefield veterans site. after you do that you should get veteran status. then just log in to your bad company 2 and you should get the m1 grand
im not sure about BF hero's as i havent played it since it first came out.
you may have to go to the hero's site and look about for info on how to get the extras.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Could you walk me through this step by step? I have battlefield 2 and BFBC2 as well as one EA account. I don't remember the emails I used when I registered for a multiplayer account for both of those games.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
if you have a battle field game and its not showing up in your vetran status go to the ea live chat support after you have entered your key on battlefield veteran. you should get a message on there saying key already claimed.

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran
now go here http://support.ea.com/app/chat/chat_landing and tell them your key has already been claimed and they will check your key and update your veteran status...
you must have a valid e.a email that you registered the game with.
as they will ask for it. if you can remember they are unlikely to help but you cant log into the game itself without it.
i did this today and am now veteran 2
i was also wrong about BF hero's it does count towards your veteran status.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Do I type in my screen name or the email I used to register my BF2 account with? It says to enter my gamespy username. I don't have a gamespy account.

This is confusing, what do I do?

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
for the m1 that is unlocked with veteran status, but the spec act kit I thought was purchasable only... maybe it has changed... I bought mine on steam for like 5 bucks, the only difference besides the camo is that one of the guns is more powerful than the regular version, I cant remember which gun though.