Question about certain laptops that I need to look for.

jcoop0g0

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Hello everyone, as you haven't noticed already I am very new to this site and need some help choosing a laptop for christmas. Yes I do realize it is quite a ways to that area but Im going to need one for my high school that I go to for work etc. Something that could basically run word, excel, able to process photos edit them in adobe photoshop. And normally on my downtime play game a decent quality rate Garry's Mod especially. Just something that could help me out and what you guys think that is a good company for something in my criteria. Im not asking for much about the price maybe 800-900 range, I know there is some people on here who are deep lookers and can find some really good stuff. I also forgot to mention it has to be at least 1tb because im going to have to put a lot of school work on there that can fit in there.

Thanks again!

jcoop0g0

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
True, I wouldn't mind if a backup was on there I just need something and i've been looking but haven't found anything.

Cmlalibe

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
800 to 900 range is way over kill for what you want. But here's what I recomend.
Lenovo y700 15''
Has 2 Hard drives. 128 SSD for your OS and programs that need to be quick. (You'll be amazed how you ever lived before without it. 13 secons boot time on mine)
Second hard drive is 1 TB for everything else.
8 Gb of ram-overkill
GTX 960- can run any game you'll play. Can handle garry's mod with out a sweat.
@ 750 its still under budget.
However I cant stress enough that 8-900 is more money than your needs require.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y700-series-smb/y700-15-inch-smb/#WARRANTY

Cmlalibe

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
Also, if you do want to spend the full budget, Asus (would be my first guess) or another brand probably makes something with the same specs that weighs less. That's very important some people but is usually something they dont think about untill they start carrying it aorund.

jcoop0g0

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Weight I dont really mind because i've carried a quite large laptop around with me before back in middle school because we needed it for essays that we never did, our education system is terrible, that laptop is obsolete now lol, thanks for your help.