Question about Optical

Jannes123

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hello,
Im not sure if i am in the right subforum here, i didnt see audio so i choose this.

but my problem is i just bought a 7h Wireless.
I tried to connect it to my optical in. but i dont get sound, my soundcard works because my speakers are still working through the jacks.

I have no idea how this is possible.
I tried different playback devices and also put my source as optical in at the control unit of the headset.
I have no expiernce with optical so i hope someone here can help me.
Im using Windows 7 btw.
Not sure what soundcard i got it says this on it :rohs cp30 soundcard
and using Cmedia pci driver CMI8768.
Thanks.

Solution
if your speakers on your pc are still playing, you still have them set as your default audio device in the windows sound properties menu.

right click the speaker icon, playback devices. optical should be set as your default audio device if you want optical to play.

if you do not have optical listed, try right clicking and showing disabled or disconnected devices to see if it is showing up. also make sure you're running the latest audio drivers.
if your speakers on your pc are still playing, you still have them set as your default audio device in the windows sound properties menu.

right click the speaker icon, playback devices. optical should be set as your default audio device if you want optical to play.

if you do not have optical listed, try right clicking and showing disabled or disconnected devices to see if it is showing up. also make sure you're running the latest audio drivers.

Solution