Question about Rainmeter

vmartelle

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I've been playing around for a good 2 hours now, have read and watched every video tutorial online, and still cannot figure it out. I went to customize.org and downloaded a few skins, put them in my skin folder, refreshed the page, etc. But, the problem comes when installing the skins onto my background - it seems like you have to load up every .ini file, and sometimes there are so many and they never ever look like the ones in the picture.

I'm trying to install this one: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/86590

It has a ton of different versions in the folder itself - Through the 'active skins' tab, do I have load up every .ini folder individually? And when I did try them individually, it looks all screwed up.

Juan Merlos

Honorable
May 9, 2013

Yes. Rainmeter is all about customizing your desktop the way you want it. So you have to load every .ini and place them where you want on your desktop. You can use different .ini from different thems if you want.

There are also some themes in which place them in random location on your desktop, but your better off placing them when you want them on your own

vmartelle

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

Alright...so how do I load up the 'space craft' skin linked? There seems to be many versions of this one...it just doesn't come out right, at all.