Question about SoftWare called CamStudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmangle

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
I'm running a program called CamStudio and whereas I can record video ok, when I try to record audio I get a buzzing sound.

If I go to options and choose record audio from speakers I get an error message that says,

"WaveoutGetSelect control(failed)"

Anyt thoughts suggestions?

Solution
I ran across same problem.
go to audio options>audio options from speakers>manual search under recording config
it will walk you through a sound test to determinine your recording line.
I had to try each one (6 total) and number 2 was mine using a creative audigy ex platinum sound card. I just did one minute captures to test it out.
make sure your sound card or onboard sound controller is selected in the top drop down box in that sub menu.

king smp

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I ran across same problem.
go to audio options>audio options from speakers>manual search under recording config
it will walk you through a sound test to determinine your recording line.
I had to try each one (6 total) and number 2 was mine using a creative audigy ex platinum sound card. I just did one minute captures to test it out.
make sure your sound card or onboard sound controller is selected in the top drop down box in that sub menu.

Solution

cmangle

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
king smp thanks for the reply . . . I had pretty much put this on the side burner as I got o answers that solved the problem.

I'll try your suggestion a get back to you

thaks again

Status
Not open for further replies.