Question about TV input lag.

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I recently upgraded from 24'' TV monitor to a 32'' Smart TV (both full HD) for my PS4.

I had experienced input lag when playing games on my old monitor for the last 3 years. However, I found a setting called "Game mode" on my new TV that when enabled, removes almost any input lag and controller movements are immediately registered when playing.

However, the game graphics are a bit downgraded.

And since I have a bit of a worry of accidentally breaking my new TV, will constantly switching Game Mode on/off when between playing games and watching HD clips on Youtube break the TV or wear it off faster than it should otherwise?

And can I watch YT clips with that mode on constantly, or the HD quality will be downgraded that way? I am very keen on watching film trailers with the highest quality possible, but don't want to constantly tickling with Game mode back and forth when switching between playing and watching clips/movies.

Thank you and appreciated.

Solution
The lag is caused by video processing that is turned off in game mode. You can switch as much as you want.
Try the game mode on your other sources and judge for yourself if the difference is an issue. Won't harm the TV in any case.