question about VR

slayerz636

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
i recently be came paralyzed bellow my chest; long story short, I'm a paraplegic. would any of that effect my ability to game in VR. If it does, how so please?

Solution
I'm not a doctor, however:

Basic VR blocks your eyes and ears so the only things I can think of are:

1. claustrophobia, safety and other concerns due to your mobility issues (including loss of time and ignorance of surroundings)
2. seizure (flickering image related) like normal, but mobility may make this worse

There are OTHER types of VR being worked on that incorporate movement but these will be less common as it's very difficult and expensive to setup a room for this.

Mainly VR for most people will be a HUD that goes over their head and ears like the Oculus Rift.
I'm not a doctor, however:

Basic VR blocks your eyes and ears so the only things I can think of are:

1. claustrophobia, safety and other concerns due to your mobility issues (including loss of time and ignorance of surroundings)
2. seizure (flickering image related) like normal, but mobility may make this worse

There are OTHER types of VR being worked on that incorporate movement but these will be less common as it's very difficult and expensive to setup a room for this.

Mainly VR for most people will be a HUD that goes over their head and ears like the Oculus Rift.

Solution