Question question on the samsung a51 the frontier fiber system and tiny cams app

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i just got the frontier fiber internet about a month ago and i was under the impression that i had my cameras ported good enough.

i can see them away from the home but it may have been thru wifi, because today when i was about a half mile from home taking the dogs for a walk i tried to look at my cameras and even though the app said the connection was ok i could not see any of them.

so when i got home i turned off the wifi on the phone and sure enough i could not see my cameras. i have t-mobile for my phone service so is there a port i might try to see if i can get my cameras thru the t-mobile network?

tiny cam has a page that lets me enter ports for remote web ports and remote rtsp ports. at this time i have them the same as the ports for when i'm home. i did try changing the remote ports and no change. so this issue may be in the t-mobile network that i have not yet figured out.

so maybe someone has a procedure to get the tiny cam to work on the t-mobile network? thanks