Question

DaFabolous420

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Does anyone know of a program that edits a running program and allows me to sieve through data as it changes in the program, if a number in the game was 5 and it changed to four and i searched for 5, would i be able to search for values that recently changed to 4? If you know a program please tell me.

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
do you wanna cheat on a game? and instead of having 100 gold you want 999999 gold? is that the kind of program u want?

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
you are talking about a hex editor

Life (n). A sexually transmitted disease which afflicts some people more severly than others.

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
hex editor are complicated because you dont know in what location a value is (its hard to find). the best program out there is gamehack (www.gamehack.com). just put the value you want to search for and it will find it for you. if you want to register it go to astalavista.box.sk and look for gamehack register. it should be a file called pc.key and you put it where gamehack is installed. if u want it, post ur email and ill send u pc.key

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
No you all.

He's talking about a memory poker.

A memory poker will let you actually scan through the memory that is being used, and change it while it's running.

Under Windows 2000 or Windows XP (NT), you *have* to change some registry bit to a "1". It's something like "Let me friggin write to memory, you bastages" that needs a "1" instead of "0".

Once you do that, you can scan through and "poke" in a value, or "freeze" it to some value.

There's Winhack; and some other shareware ones. Winhack is flaky; it misses sometimes on the scans. I ended up using winhack to edit/freeze the memory, and some other shareware memory scanner to find the value. Winhack is nice though, 'cause you can scan for a byte/word/dword value. Others only let you scan for words or dwords, which doesn't work with older programs or variables that aren't 32bit.

C@lling it like I c it...

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
d00d, thats what gamehack does! its called gamehack because its mostly used for games, but gamehack does exactly what u are talkin about...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have gamehack, but it must be an old version.

I couldn't figure out how to search memory. And there was no documentation on how to make the config filez, although I could use one of the one's for diablo as a reference.