Questions about MyVanilla

dtranftw

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
Hi to those of you who have a MyVanilla card i was wondering when you made an account. Was it safe to put in personal information i know this is sort of a dumb question but i do not want to put myself at risk of anything suppose someone is able to hack my account and get my Social Sec

Solution
It is never really safe to put personal information out there via the internet or in the hands of any company or organization.

I very much avoid any extraneous accounts beyond basic checking and savings. Do not use debit cards either.

No problem with other people doing so if they have a real need and the service/account serves in some manner not otherwise available.

And I am always concerned about the associated User agreements which very much favor the provider over the customer. And the provider can pretty much changes the terms at will. And you may not even notice or realize it because of all the fine print....

Minimize what you provide and always keep an eye on your account(s). At least scan any documents sent to you either...
It is never really safe to put personal information out there via the internet or in the hands of any company or organization.

I very much avoid any extraneous accounts beyond basic checking and savings. Do not use debit cards either.

No problem with other people doing so if they have a real need and the service/account serves in some manner not otherwise available.

And I am always concerned about the associated User agreements which very much favor the provider over the customer. And the provider can pretty much changes the terms at will. And you may not even notice or realize it because of all the fine print....

Minimize what you provide and always keep an eye on your account(s). At least scan any documents sent to you either paper mail or email.

Watch for any news stories, customer complaints etc. that may indicate a problem or coming problem....

That will help you protect youself somewhat. Still no gurantees.......

Solution
Do not be so harsh on yourself.

Not at all uncommon that what often seems to be a good deal really is not. Many companies spend a great deal of time figuring out ways to take advantage of customers/consumers. We all need to play "defense" nowadays.

Yes. Push for a refund. Keep clear accurate notes of what you do, date, times, and who you speak with. Be civil and polite.

And let other folks honestly know about your disatisfaction.