Questions on cyberghostvpn AND paypal question

Melonious

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
First off, anyone use cyberghost vpn? I like the free version but of course it's slow and there's other issues as well.

Did they continuously charge your credit card? This is my big worry.

Do they actually work? I just want basic privacy plus to be able to do some light torrents with no DMCA. I get them improperly sometimes and my stupid ISP which I am forced to use here actually disconnected my internet unfairly. Not even for a torrent did I get some DMCA! I don't do anything where I am remotely worried about a lawsuit (no movies etc. ) but it seems today you just get DMCA for any torrenting at all just because of name coincidences/dmca trolls. And now I even get the same for any use of upload sites. This would not be a problem but my stupid ISP hates even torrents (like free sound libraries etc.) because of the bandwidth and has now disconnected me twice because of bogus DMCAs. It's not a big deal since I just have to call and yell at them a bit but it's annoying enough that I would just as well never deal with this again. And I think they will actually permanently remove me as a customer eventually.

There is a deal where you get a full year of cyberghost for a cheap price but when I attempt to pay them through paypal it tries to force me to verify my account. I do NOT want to verify my paypal account. In the past I could paypal various people with no problem. I have not used my account in years though.

I contacted their payment people (cybersomthingorother) for support but nothing yet. I am not really asking for support for their site though. I want to know if this is normal in regards to paypal.

Do they FORCE you to link the account now to send money to a business? That is not acceptable to me, it negates the whole point of paypal which is to make one time payments and never get hassled by some moron ever again. Or is this something that the COMPANY is forcing on me? Are they the ones demanding that I use a credit card through paypal? If so, then again it's entirely pointless and false advertising to say they accept it. I am NOT going to give some shady online company (or any company that wants to make continuous charges) my credit card number!!!

Melonious

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Also, I have googled a lot on them and found no real answer. I have found conflicting answers for paypal. Some seem to imply you cannot send money to pay for anything unless your account is linked, some seem to think you can pay so long as you have the money. I DEFINTELY have the money in there and then some!