R2-D2 and C-3PO Run Amok in Electronics Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godiwa

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
excellent commercial... BUT there is a hand with a remotecontrol in the picture bottom/left where C3PO and the robovacuum is in the picture... they SHOULD have caught that, it is kinda obvious else brilliant... love it

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
yep first time i saw the hand with remote, i was WTFH, a commecrcial who cost alot of $$$$$$ and theres a beginner mistake hahhahahahah

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Godiwa[/nom]excellent commercial... BUT there is a hand with a remotecontrol in the picture bottom/left where C3PO and the robovacuum is in the picture... they SHOULD have caught that, it is kinda obvious else brilliant... love it[/citation]
very impressive eyes my friend. The force is strong with you...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The hand with the remote control is at 32seconds. Here's the the thing... its REMOTE control, the guy could have and should have been WAY off camera.

williehmmm

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I do feel I have to agree with joefx. DSG retail who own Currys, Dixons & PC World have the worst after care and customer services I've ever experienced.

A quick google of "DSG retail complaints" reveals 32,100 results. Yes they are a large chain, and they will have more returns than smaller companies, but it's how they handle those customers returns.

Knowing consumer law is no help as they are happy to ignore it. My first experience with them was a failed hard drive costing £80. I didn't live near the store, so my journey to return it was a £10 round trip. I was told to come back in a week, it hadn't been touched, another £10, was told come back next week, another £10, still not looked at. I telephoned the next time and was told yes it's ready to be collected, made the journey, and was told no it's not ready, who told me it was, come back next week, another £10. Phoned again, yes it's ready, definitley, my name is mark ask for me, went to the store, mark isn't in, it's not ready, come back. I exploded, demanded to speak to the manager or I was taking a hard drive from the shelf and leaving and they could phone the police if they wanted. Manager tried to fob me off, but it was clear I wasn't going to be fobbed off so he relented and gave me a replacement. Toal cost to me £50 and 6 weeks to get them to perform a 30 second check on a dud hard drive.

Next up was a laptop, it stopped working after 3 months, took it back to the store and was told I had to return it to the manufacturer. I did at a cost to myself for the delivery and the return, manufacturer refused to repair as they claimed there was a trace of liquid inside. I knew nothing had been spilled on it, no splashes etc, but they were adamant and I was shafted. I read up on my rights and saw I should not have had to deal with the manufacturer, but with the shop itself. That's who I had the contract with. I returned to the shop, speaking in a very loud voice as I made my complaint, eventually got the manager who told me they weren't interested in it and they wouldn't take the laptop from me to investigate as it had been opened and the void warranty stickers had been broken, I told them I had done as they asked and sent it to the manufacturer, they said they still weren't interested. I told them I wasn't leaving until they dealt with it and I would continue to make my protests known to whoever was in earshot. They phoned the police to have me removed, the police told me I had to get a lawyer, and that me being ripped off was a civil matter. I then stood outside the shop telling everyone going in of my issues. The police then told me I had to leave the shopping precinct as it was private land and I was restricting that business ability to operate by putting off its customers.

Suffice to say, they didn't sell many laptops that day and I didn't get the laptop repaired.

Terrible, terrible service. the worst company I have ever dealt with.

G

williehmmm - kudos to you for standing outside warning people. Yes it was entirely a civil matter and so the Police can't help you(!). To be honest your problems began when you walked in there to buy a laptop. I would be highly reluctant to buy anything from there, obviously due to reputation, but also because I once bought an ADSL modem/router from there I needed something quickly and it was a short walk from home. Turned out the 80 pound unit cost 60 quid online. Of course I didn't check as I was so keen to get one *now*. Which is why they still exist, relying on impulse buys, immediate ownership and sheer ignorance.

Don't buy from PC World/Currys. DSG are expensive. Nothing against Anthony Daniels but my 20 pounds went to help pay for him.

G

This is really gay. I can't believe people find this even remotely funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.