RAGE HD on iPhone Will Be A Huge Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
iPhone is going to make a pretty big dent in the mobile gaming department... I wonder if Xbox will ever step in.

Either way its great for game consumers.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]Thats pretty darn big, when people start producing more games like this apple may have to rethink not having a MicroSD slot.[/citation]
you can get a 32gig phone... how much storage do you need?

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]werxen[/nom]iPhone is going to make a pretty big dent in the mobile gaming department... I wonder if Xbox will ever step in. Either way its great for game consumers.[/citation]
No, I don't think Microsoft will ever get involved a platform for mobile devices. Seems very unlikely.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]you can get a 32gig phone... how much storage do you need?[/citation]
Well when you consider having 20GB of music is not an unreasonable request, 6 games of this size (9GB) and I am already on to my last couple of GBs of data. What about photos, self recorded movies, other apps, etc?... You didn't really think your comment through did you?

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]No, I don't think Microsoft will ever get involved a platform for mobile devices. Seems very unlikely.[/citation]
I hope your intension was sarcasm.... otherwise I guess MS hasn't supported tablets for years, not to mention Windows Mobile along with the brand new OS, WM7. So no, I guess they don't like mobile devices at all...

I think the gaming aspect could be a major problem for Android in the coming years. Gaming developers already support Apple and that is only going to increase with an Apple version of Steam, and we all know about gaming on a Windows platform via PCs, but will developers make the extra effort to port or even develope full games for Android devices?

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]werxen[/nom]iPhone is going to make a pretty big dent in the mobile gaming department... I wonder if Xbox will ever step in. Either way its great for game consumers.[/citation]

It may be great for game consumers in general, but for PC gamers it's bad news. Every penny a developer spends on something not PC-specific is a penny lost for quality PC gaming. The more spread out developers get, the worse the product quality gets.

You're next, console gamers.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]Thats pretty darn big, when people start producing more games like this apple may have to rethink not having a MicroSD slot.[/citation]
Apple excludes the MicroSD slot for 2 reasons: 1) control. It's a lot harder to install, copy, and pirate apps when you can't insert your own media (even though it doesn't really stop anyone). And 2) space. They moved to a Micro-SIM card for space concerns, do you really think they can shove in a MicroSD slot or another 32GB of Flash?

[citation][nom]schizofrog[/nom]Well when you consider having 20GB of music is not an unreasonable request, 6 games of this size (9GB) and I am already on to my last couple of GBs of data. What about photos, self recorded movies, other apps, etc?... You didn't really think your comment through did you?[/citation]
How much storage do you think they should put in a phone? 16-32Gb for iPhone, 16-64GB for iPad, 64-256GB for the new MacBook Air. These sound like reasonable steps to me. You have to realize its a phone made by Apple, it will have limits and restrictions and Apple doesn't care about your opinion.

If that's a problem, than I guess you didn't really think your purchase through did you?

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Apple excludes the MicroSD slot for 2 reasons: 1) control. It's a lot harder to install, copy, and pirate apps when you can't insert your own media (even though it doesn't really stop anyone). And 2) space. They moved to a Micro-SIM card for space concerns, do you really think they can shove in a MicroSD slot or another 32GB of Flash?How much storage do you think they should put in a phone?[/citation]
Absolutely they can. My Galaxy S is a better phone in every respect, including being smaller -- and it has an SD card slot. If Apple can't figure out how to put one in, they shouldn't be in the business. Fact is, they're doing it just to be controlling pricks and force idiotic iPhone lovers to pay them 6x the going rate for flash memory for more capacity. Sadly, there seem to plenty of idiots ready to part with the money they somehow lucked into.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
anyone play re4 on iphone? It looks good , but the controls suck. touch controls will never deliver a hardcore experience on a phone. They just leave you frustrated and yearning for more precise controls with a tactile feel. Sure an add on controller could be purchased, but how may will carry around a bulky accessory for a iphone or droid. there is a reason angy birds and flash type games do well and shooters don't. One is fun, the other is lack luster experience despite how good it looks. Who wants to play a shooter on a tiny screen anyway, it just doesn't work.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]xpax[/nom]Absolutely they can. My Galaxy S is a better phone in every respect, including being smaller -- and it has an SD card slot. If Apple can't figure out how to put one in, they shouldn't be in the business. Fact is, they're doing it just to be controlling pricks and force idiotic iPhone lovers to pay them 6x the going rate for flash memory for more capacity. Sadly, there seem to plenty of idiots ready to part with the money they somehow lucked into.[/citation]
If Apple had an SD card slot they may not get as many sales for the over priced 32GB version. Not allowing for SD forces some to buy the largest iPhone and iPod on the market.

G

If they could sell the full version of this game for mobile for $0.99, can't they do the same for the PC version? Heck, I'd buy the PC version if they sell it for $4.99 in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.