RAM is always at 88% even when running nothing, CPU is under 10%

MicroPWN

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I know this is a laptop section but I didn't see a tech support section for PC's, so I just came here.

I know many people have been having this issue over the years, but I've never actually seen anyone SOLVE the problem. I've run multiple malware scans and the like, nothing has come up.
I believe it's what's called a "Memory Leak" or something like that, but I don't know how to fix it and nobody has ever actually posted useful directions on how to fix it.

Please help, as I have a custom built PC that can normally run anything you throw at it, but now I can't have Youtube open without my computer slowing to a crawl.

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
well if your running 4 GB of ram maby you should up it to 8 GB of ram?

Memory leaks with windows is well a windows issue. Its usually one of those reboot items. just hope it doesn't have to be done very often

you can do a general software clean...... check to see if your under 75% disk space used.

Ccleaner-------------------------- default scan and registry scan
Malwarebytes-------------------- default scan and a custom rootkit scan after
NPE------------------------------- rootkit scan
Revo uninstaller----------------- unistall programs you don't need or see that are adware... do the cleaning scans
hard disk sentinel--------------- run the short test scan to check HD health
Auslogics------------------------ defrag and optimize

start/run: type msconfig goto start up tab and turn off programs you can run manually then service tab and check hide microsoft services then turn off services to updating programs you can run manually