Random Freezing and Crashing when playing games

kizekio

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hi, I recently have an issue with my ACER Aspire V3-572PG Laptop and it's been getting Freezes / Crashes lately whenever I try to play a game. I suspect it's most likely be that my laptop is overheating, as I can play 30 - 50 minutes into the game before crashing. That said, I don't know how to check my laptop temperature so I'm not sure.
Before all this happened, I did receive notification, which I did not bother to fix, from windows 10 that my Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped and has successfully recovered.
and 2 weeks after that, I got a bluescreen that resulted with "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"
and since then, my laptop kept crashing and freezing occasionally
System Information :
Operating System : Windows 10 Home Single-Language 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHz (4 CPUs) ~ 2.6GHz
HDD: 1TB
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Please do help me!

Just a quick update [4/6/2016 10:55 PM]

I found out that overheating is the main cause why my laptop was having random crashes/freezing when I'm playing. I noticed that League of legends, running in 60 fps, wasn't crashing at all compared to cs:go. So what I did was I configured cs:go's fps down from 120+ fps to 60 fps. The crashes / freezing stopped occurring but I'll test this out for this week.
Can I also ask if there's program that you can recommend that monitors laptop temp so I can keep track, and hopefully, put in some information here.

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- First, open Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Once done, check Programs and Features as well then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest drive has been installed.
- After the reboot, do set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F

kizekio

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hi, I tried your solution and I would be testing it and seeing if any crashes happens this week. I will come back to this thread with results. Thanks for helping!

kizekio

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Unfortunately, This solution did not seem to work as I've had random crashes earlier ago when I was trying to play CS:GO. Is there anything else I can do to resolve the problem?

velo3100

Splendid
If the intel driver has failed you shouldn't be able to see anything. Try and see if you can install the latest driver for it. Also make sure you are using the dgpu while gaming as sometime nivida optimus gets it wrong.

kizekio

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Hi, I tried doing that as well though I can't seem to update my intel drivers as seen here :
http://i.imgur.com/44RGfcZ.png
and I'm pretty sure that I'm using nvidia wihle gaming.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
abacus143 Laptop Tech Support 1
Albert7777 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
l3tr1xingame Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 3
avethoplays Laptop Tech Support 8
T Laptop Tech Support 6
B Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1