Random loss of sounds Kenwood V606

jeremay

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
I just replaced the receiver in my surround sound. Its a Kenwood v606. It works fine except that at times, some of the sound is gone. I first noticed it in commercials. The music would play but the people would be talking and I couldn't hear them. If I turned up the volume on the tv, I could but not when only the surround sound was on. Every once in a while it would be the same way in some programs. I'm not very tech savy but I would welcome any ideas/solutions.

Solution
Sounds like you are losing your center channel (that's where the voices would come from. To determine where the problem is your would need to know if it happens with other sources. Could be a problem with your cable or the ova broadcast. Next time it happens change channels to see if the center comes back. If you have a cable box you can try doing a cold reboot by unplugging it from AC for 3 minutes and plugging it back in.
Sounds like you are losing your center channel (that's where the voices would come from. To determine where the problem is your would need to know if it happens with other sources. Could be a problem with your cable or the ova broadcast. Next time it happens change channels to see if the center comes back. If you have a cable box you can try doing a cold reboot by unplugging it from AC for 3 minutes and plugging it back in.

Solution