Random music and ads. Please help!

darry39

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Hi. I have this virus like problem that plays random music and ads constantly. It starts during the boot process, before the login screen. It is not detected by Malwarebytes or Kaspersky antivirus. I am running Windows 10.

Solution
Have you tried CCleaner?

Try whatever tools you can but this sort of infection is indicative of a boot sector virus. This affects the MBR (master boot record) of your hard disk and can really bog down your system and may even make it unusable. And since it infects at the BIOS level it can be hard to get rid of it.

You can try looking up some tools to remove it but you may have to pay for it. If I were you, I would save whatever trusted files I have and completely reformat my hard drive.

It’s also important to note that these viruses can spread from USB drives. If you have a shady one that you use or someone else used one on your system then that could be the source.

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Have you tried CCleaner?

Try whatever tools you can but this sort of infection is indicative of a boot sector virus. This affects the MBR (master boot record) of your hard disk and can really bog down your system and may even make it unusable. And since it infects at the BIOS level it can be hard to get rid of it.

You can try looking up some tools to remove it but you may have to pay for it. If I were you, I would save whatever trusted files I have and completely reformat my hard drive.

It’s also important to note that these viruses can spread from USB drives. If you have a shady one that you use or someone else used one on your system then that could be the source.

Solution