Solved! Random static noises coming through headset

Dec 27, 2019
Experiencing random and uncomfortably loud static noises coming through my headset for the past week. It only happens a few times a day, seemingly without an obvious cause.

Happens on both of my Razer USB headsets (just bought a new one a couple of days ago), so it's not the headset itself I don't think...? Using a PC.

Solution
First check your volumes. If they are too high, you will get static. And it also will be effected by what the sound is from. So test it with different things (games, music, etc.)

Next, have you tried using the headset on a different device? To confirm it isn't the actual headset? Make sure you try that.

Should the headset work fine on other devices, and the static appear no matter what you are listening to, then I would think the 3.5mm port on the laptop may be the problem. It could be loose, damaged, etc. The only resolution then is to either have the port replaced or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through there.

Additionally, if there is a microphone attached to this headset, make sure it isn't the cause of the static.
First check your volumes. If they are too high, you will get static. And it also will be effected by what the sound is from. So test it with different things (games, music, etc.)

Next, have you tried using the headset on a different device? To confirm it isn't the actual headset? Make sure you try that.

Should the headset work fine on other devices, and the static appear no matter what you are listening to, then I would think the 3.5mm port on the laptop may be the problem. It could be loose, damaged, etc. The only resolution then is to either have the port replaced or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through there.

Additionally, if there is a microphone attached to this headset, make sure it isn't the cause of the static.

Last edited:
Solution