Razer Blade 14 keyboard and touchpad stopped functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2018
Hey, I'm pretty new here and pretty desperate. As the title says, my laptop's built-in keyboard and touchpad has stopped functioning. It all started when my laptop suddenly died because I failed to plug the charger in time. When I booted it up, the keyboard and touchpad just won't work. The laptop itself even disappeared in Razer Synapse and there's no thread anywhere that answers these questions. In my laptop's keyboard, only the Caps Lock key has its light on, but nothing else functions. I've had this laptop for about 2-3 years now. Big thanks to anyone who answers!

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Jun 16, 2018
Hey josh, I have the same exact problem like you. Mine is the blade 14 2014 model, i was using it until the battery died and charged it with a lower watt charger and as it turns on the keyboard and track pad doesn't work.
I've brought it to the service center and they told me to replace the motherboard,keyboard and trackpad. I haven't changed it because the price is like buying a new laptop, maybe you have fixed yours? And may I have your email/fb account so I can get in touch with you? Thanks

Jun 29, 2018

hey , im having exact same issue , how do fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.