Razer Blade charging problems when gaming

powerash2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hello, around Christmas 2016 I purchased a Razer Blade gtx 970m,
and I have enjoyed using it for around 7 months. Now I have noticed when its charging and I'm heavy gaming (PUBG, CS:GO, Overwatch). The charging seems to randomly switch between 'Not Charging' and 'Charging'. This means the fps drops down to 30 each time and then jumps back up to 60 - 100, and the battery slowly goes down, this can be quite annoying. I have tried changing NVIDA Control Panel settings to Prefer Maximum Performance and Intel Graphics settings. This only occurs when I'm heavy gaming, and charging is fine when on idle
Can anyone help with keeping the same fps when charging / not charging? Or should I consider buying a new battery / charger? Any answer is appreciated

Laptop Specs:
GeForce GTX 970m
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU at 2.60GHz
15.86 GB RAM
3200 x 1800, 60Hz

mohakbehl007

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
It looks to me as if your charger port/ your charger cord is loose as it may get frequent disconnections. Try and check if your charging port is allright and has no signs of physical damage to it! You should also try using your laptop with a different charger.

Thanks for the question!

powerash2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I thought this as well, but it only seems to be gltichy when I'm playing heavy games. Maybe my charger struggles to keep up with the amount of power my laptop is producing