Question Razer - Help me decide PLEASE

ghhowell

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2005
Hello all! I have a buddy that purchased a Razer Advanced 2018 last year (Core i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1070 max Q, 16GB DDR4). He is looking to sell it as he is getting more into VR (he purchased the Valve Index) and wants to invest in a desktop even though the Razer Advanced has served his VR needs well. He is going to sell it to me for $1200 (which appears to be the going cost online for this model). I also know it has been well taken care of and he keeps everything in pristine condition. I've been in the market for a new laptop as my Alienware is going on 7 years old at this point. I had a budget of $2000 but when this came along I thought it was a great deal and could save me a little money.

My question is, and I've been looking at GPU charts for the last few days, is the new Razer Blades with the RTX 2070 max Q are coming in at $2,000 and it looks like the GPU is yielding around 10FPS more in all of the game charts I've looked at. I don't want to shell out the premium for the 2080 as those are almost $3100. Would you guys say this is worth the extra premium to go for the RTX over the GTX? I know one does raytracing and the other doesn't but does that really make a difference in games? Also, it looks like the performance takes a hit when raytracing is turned on with these GPUs. CPU and all are basically the same. I do see the new RTX 2070 SUPER max Q is coming in late May/June and the pricing is looking like $2600 for that model. Just wanted to get some additional thoughts. I would play games like Battlefield 1, Gears Tactics, Gears 4 & 5, ect.

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 4