Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Microphone Issue In-Game - O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranzzz

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
Bit frustrated now because there is literally no solutions on the internet. I have also read manuals and called Razer up.

My issue is: The mic doesn't work in game when I am playing against other people. I tried doing a microphone test through Sound Recorder on Windows and in the game options.

Razer told me to reinstall Syanpse 2.0 and I did that. They told me to recallibrate the headset. They told me to make the headset the default microphone and headset etc... Nothing of that worked. I went on Razer Support website and nothing of them worked.

The game sound works and everything else on Youtube etc... Its just the mic... Is the mic like defective? Razer told me its a problem with Windows or Steam. But it doesn't work on Origin too. I have 6-7 games on Steam and none worked with mic... I'm not sure if Skype works but it should because I did sound recorder through windows and etc. I tried on CSGO it doesnt work but you can test mic in the options area. I did that and it played back perfectly... Lights all work. I have triple checked the Synapse area... Is this with headset or PC? My PC is newly built and same with headset... I bought headset of a third party seller on eBay and he looked genuine except for where he came from was Singapore. Headset looks genuine and boxing tooo... Can't be fake? Everything other than mic works... Am I missing a program or something?

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP :(

Solution
In the last year I've seen five threads with Razor units that either didn't work or created OS issues. In three of the five cases it was faulty hardware. In the last two cases it was a driver conflict from some older software that was installed. If the Razer support team can't assist you with their own product, it's highly possible that it's a Steam or Skype issue as I've seen a TON of problems with various hardware when using both or either of them.

I'd make sure to install any available patches or updates for those items and be certain there is no firmware available for the headset if it's a version with upgradeable firmware.
In the last year I've seen five threads with Razor units that either didn't work or created OS issues. In three of the five cases it was faulty hardware. In the last two cases it was a driver conflict from some older software that was installed. If the Razer support team can't assist you with their own product, it's highly possible that it's a Steam or Skype issue as I've seen a TON of problems with various hardware when using both or either of them.

I'd make sure to install any available patches or updates for those items and be certain there is no firmware available for the headset if it's a version with upgradeable firmware.

Solution

Pranzzz

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
Didn't turn out faulty, the solution was simple and had a few bugs to it. First you need to open up Razer Synapse and for some reason it ALWAYS mutes you in-game volume and THEN you go in-game and turn up the volume... So stupid but yes... Nothing to do with the Windows controls... Razer has disappointed me so much with their products but have no other choice.

psk2821

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015

wait so how did you fix it? I have never had this problem and it just occurred out of nowhere. how would i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.