Razer Kraken 7.1 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset Static Noise When Playing Audio.

GouldyGaming

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
I recently picked up the Razer Kraken 7.1 USB edition headset from amazon and straight out of the box whenever any type of audio is playing there is a static sound in the background. I cannot hear the static sound when there is no sound coming through the headset speakers, just when there is. If it helps this is the product page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Kraken-Surround-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00EO18U6M/

I have tried multiple different USB ports on my PC and also different USB headsets so I don't think that the issue is with my PC. I tried messing about with the settings on Razer Synapse 2.0 but that only made the audio in certain programs very very quiet so I decided to just un-install it (is this typical with most headsets being configured with Synapse?). If anyone has had this issue before and solved it or knows a possible fix PLEASE help me! I love this headset apart from this one issue and it would be a real shame to send it back. Thanks.

GouldyGaming

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

I have an Nvidia GTX 660. About the cord do you mean the cord of the headset or the cord for the GPU?

Oakley999

Estimable
May 17, 2014
might as well return it while your waranty lasts. im returning it now. only had this for 1 day lol. was already googling a solution within 10 minutes, fucking awful. Also, i dont know how a video card affects a headset.