Razer Kraken pro mic doesnt pick up any sound

iPokemaniac

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
I bought a razer kraken pro neon blue headset a while back, i dont use it as much now but when i want to use the mic it doesnt appear when i connect my headset to my laptop, but i still hear stuff from the headset. I tried it on other devices and it works properly there. please can someone help me ?

Solution
Try moving the microphone plug some - i.e., only partially in. The contact between the plug and the port may be off some.

If you have an audio extension cable or some other adapter try plugging it into the laptop and the microphone into the other end. Could be that another plug will make better contact within the laptop's port.

Could well be that the laptop's microphone port has failed.

iPokemaniac

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

i tried it on another laptop (windows 10 ) and it didnt work, and i tried it on a mac and it worked . it was working properly when i had windows 8 after i upgraded it to windows 10 i didnt use it as much as befor. now it doesnt work on my laptop (windows 10)

If the mic worked on a Mac then that eliminates some physical problem with the mic.

In Windows 10 click the small speaker icon; probably lower right screen corner.

Go into Recording Devices and see if the microphone appears and if you can select it. Check the various properties that are available to meet end user requirements. Lots of tabs and properties for you to work with and otherwise configure.

Could be that you need to download the applicable Windows 10 driver via Razer.

iPokemaniac

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

it doesnt appear in the recording devices tab

iPokemaniac

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

the microphone is not detected by the laptop i even tried other earphones and it is not detected by my laptop

Try moving the microphone plug some - i.e., only partially in. The contact between the plug and the port may be off some.

If you have an audio extension cable or some other adapter try plugging it into the laptop and the microphone into the other end. Could be that another plug will make better contact within the laptop's port.

Could well be that the laptop's microphone port has failed.

Solution