Razer Megladon External Audio Setup

nan0pwnag3

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello everyone,
So I'm in a little predicament... I bought a pair of Razer Megladons a few years back and thought they were great, worked perfectly and all that. Then early this year I built a custom PC, and when I use my Megladons with them, they don't work. 9/10 times my computer doesn't even recognize them.

So I just gave up and did the following:
- I have a laptop (win7) and PC (win8.1) on my desk
- I use a 3.5mm male-male cable connecting my headphone port on my PC to my mic port on my laptop
- I have it so my laptop "listens" to the mic (from my computer's audio)
- Since my Megladons work in my laptop, I have them plugged into there, and that's how I get my stereo audio.

Now I'm slowly getting rid of/re-purposing my laptop, so I can no longer have this setup. So I was wondering whether there is such a thing where I can 100% reliably use my PC's audio (possibly using the headphone jack) and plug my Megladons into them via the USB connection they have?

P.S. It has nothing to do with the OS, as I've tried win7 as well on my PC and the headphones still do not work, and I have the latest drivers for my hardware and the Megladons firmware is up to date.

So I basically want the same setup as I have currently, just replacing my laptop with a device that does the audio conversion for me, if that makes sense.

Thank you for your help,
Scott