Razer Naga Review — Buttons, Buttons Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordyA

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
I've had 3 of these Razer Naga mice. You may wonder why I would buy three. The reason for this is while the mouse is perfect for MMO gaming, the quality of the parts leaves alot to be desired. Every one I've had has ended up in the bin due to the same probloem. Either the left or the right mouse button becomes unresponsive or unpredictable, a nightmare in a game where there is PVP and your mouse suddenly clicks on a pvp-enabled player hanging with his other pvp-enabled buddied.. insta-death. That has happened to me a couple of times. Other than that, when you need good control of your character in a dungeon for example, the mouse can have you running in the opposite direction and it is a real pain. There are various youtube videos on how to fix these problems with the mouse but the solutions never last very long and sooner or later you'll be back to clicking on things you never meant to and not clicking on things that you do. The naga generally lasts a year, that's what I've found anyway. So while it's the best one there is in terms of playability, in my opinion, it is really, really let down by poor quality parts.

rmariej1984

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I have 4 Naga's. I use one at work. However I just bought a new computer that came with Windows 8. You'd think in 2 years Razor would come out with a win8 compatible driver but after HOURS spend on the internet I was forced to realize that they haven't. They don't appear to be working on one either. No mention in their FAQ, forums, nothing. It's like they refuse to admit Win8 even exists.

It was horrible. IF the driver didn't crash causing the mouse to suddenly disconnect from the computer the mouse cursor would pause for 1-2 seconds every 30 seconds. IT WAS HORRIBLE and completely un-usable.

I switched to a track ball mouse at first because it was the only other mouse I had available. A track ball mouse.. with WoW. That was bad too but at least it worked.

I ended up buying a logitech g600. Very similar mouse. More comfortable for my small female hands to hold, easier to configure, AND WORKS WITH WIN8.

Status
Not open for further replies.