RCA Android Viking tablet Virus Alarm threatens shutdown of "your RCA phone".

goodmoon

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
I have a RCA Viking Pro android tablet, 6 Mo's old, that just gave pop up that warns on screen - coming from Google w logo - but the address bar had another address name that stated: "your RCA phone has 2 viruses" ..and "To fix it you need to download this update or will shut down in 24 hours". I did not click UPDATE Button. I checked w your web site that gave steps to put my RCA Viking Pro ANDROID 5 into SAFE MODE. I'm in safe mode on tablet. At least allowed me to get to your site.
Now what do I do next to combat a suspicious warning?

Solution
Well first you need to find out what is on the tablet that caused the popup. Was it an app you just recently installed or updated? If so you would need to remove/uninstall it. Was it a site you visited? Again that info would need to be removed from the tablet. It also could be just an ad, which is something that happens a lot, trying to get you to install their antivirus software.

Now if it is something on the tablet that is causing problems, malware, virus, etc. In this case you would need to get legit software/apps that can search the tablet for problems and remove them.

As a last resort, should none of this work, you may have to back up your personal stuff (contact, photos, videos, music - not apps as they can't be backed up) onto...
Well first you need to find out what is on the tablet that caused the popup. Was it an app you just recently installed or updated? If so you would need to remove/uninstall it. Was it a site you visited? Again that info would need to be removed from the tablet. It also could be just an ad, which is something that happens a lot, trying to get you to install their antivirus software.

Now if it is something on the tablet that is causing problems, malware, virus, etc. In this case you would need to get legit software/apps that can search the tablet for problems and remove them.

As a last resort, should none of this work, you may have to back up your personal stuff (contact, photos, videos, music - not apps as they can't be backed up) onto say a computer and then do a "Hard Reset" of the tablet.

Solution