RCA cables with only 2 outputs: are they all the same?

uglymonkeybutt

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
The digital cameras I've purchased over the years have always come with a 3.5mm to RCA cable for outputting A/V to a TV. The cables all have only 2 RCA outputs:
1. Video
2. MONO audio.

I've got a bunch of these cables lying around, and I'm wondering whether I can use one as an audio-only STEREO cable. I'd like to plug the 3.5mm jack into my ipod and have it transmit
1. L Audio
2. R Audio.

Any idea if this will work? I know that I can get a standard red-and-white stereo cable for like $1, but I'd rather use what I've got than send it to a landfill.

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 3
M Audio 2
M Audio 1
B Audio 1
S Audio 1
B Audio 2
I Audio 5
L Audio 1
V Audio 4
Yolyx Audio 4
A Audio 1
G Audio 1
R Audio 1
G Audio 1
L Audio 5
P Audio 1
L Audio 1
conticreative Audio 4
P Audio 1
A Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Is it safe to use 3.5mm audio splitter for input and output?
Solved! Receiving ARC audio output from the TV and sending video to the TV with one HDMI cable?
how to connect a tv without opt cable port as well as no hdmi output to a android box and sound bar
can I output my tv sound to two devices at the same time..? (Sound bar and hearing aid sound streamer)
My TV has optical output, but home theatre has 5.1 rca input. How to connet TV with home theatre via optical cable.
Trying to connect soundbar to JVC TV with no optical cable & RCA output
I have an older TV (1 HDMI and coax outputs). I would like to connect cable box (1 HDMI, 1 Optical)
How do I connect an speaker rca cable to rca output on aftermarket harness
Is there any Hdmi output to Hdmi input converter or Cable for audio?
What is the output for on the back on my speakers?
Broke Aux Output
Help with audio output using OTA on TV
I'm trying to connect an LG smart rv to a jvc DS TP100 receiver. I have the optical cable output port on the tv. I need to co
sound card output to stereo in, decent cable gauge
I would like to skip the TV and connect Bluetooth speakers to the Cable Box. This Cable Box has only coax and HDMI output port
Motherobard sound output, optical or 3.5 mm stereo?
How to connect Sony Home Theatre 5.1 to PC (Only one rca cable for output)
Split 5.1 rear audio output into 2 separate sets of stereo speakers
No sound from Xbox One without optical cable. Tv has no optical output!
cable box rca output to two devices?

ASK THE COMMUNITY