Solved! RCA tablet fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2021
I have a RCA tablet (RCT6973W43) and it is stuck on the connecting to the internet but it actually never does connect to my wifi. PLZ HELP!! I'm trying to fix it so my husband can use it so i won't have to give him my phone to google stuff!! lol thank you

Solution
Have there been any changes to your local network including Wi-Fi (New modem, changed network password, added devices)?

Try this: Go to network settings.
Find your local network and select, "Forget"
Then do a refresh on available networks. Once you see your local Wi-Fi network, re-enter the password for your network and see if it connects.

If not, then I'd probably recommend backing up your data to an external USB and then performing a hard reset on the device. This wipes out any changes or apps you've installed and resets the device to it's out of the box conditions/settings. Barring a hardware failure, this SHOULD restore your network connectivity. Then it's just a matter of reinstalling apps and restoring your saved data.

-Wolf...
Have there been any changes to your local network including Wi-Fi (New modem, changed network password, added devices)?

Then do a refresh on available networks. Once you see your local Wi-Fi network, re-enter the password for your network and see if it connects.

If not, then I'd probably recommend backing up your data to an external USB and then performing a hard reset on the device. This wipes out any changes or apps you've installed and resets the device to it's out of the box conditions/settings. Barring a hardware failure, this SHOULD restore your network connectivity. Then it's just a matter of reinstalling apps and restoring your saved data.

-Wolf sends

P.S. a quick Google of hard resets for your device gave me this: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=RCA+Voyager+III+Hard+Reset
You might want to look into a few more options before settling on any one course of action.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rose M.
Solution
Sep 4, 2021

-Wolf sends

P.S. a quick Google of hard resets for your device gave me this: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=RCA+Voyager+III+Hard+Reset
You might want to look into a few more options before settling on any one course of action.
Thank you so much for your help I will try it and will post the results. A hard reset is no pro. at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.