NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, since the tablet is brand new, I would suggest taking it back and getting them to exchange it for another one.
1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.
2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.
3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.
4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.
5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.
6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".
7. Now, if you are still having the problem at this point, and you are sure it isn't the modem/router that is the problem. Then you may wish to try a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, I really suggest saving this as a last option (or last before parts repair/replacement).
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
Please listen carefully from someone whom suffered from this for months and looked for solutions everywhere now it might not work for you but it did for me and I'm so excited to be able to tell you this. All those steps from this long solved post doesn't work. I tried the hard reset,turn on\off WiFi, safe mode everything and nothing works!!!!
If your rca tablet isn't connecting to any WiFi or home connections and it doesn't show or says connecting and then save do this and save your money...
Step 1). Unscrew the screws that hold your tablet together.
Step 2) carefully pull your tablet apart separating the top from the bottom.
Step 3). Carefully inspect the inside of your tablet, carefully looking for loose wires or dust.
Step 4)!!!!!!!! Take an unsharpened pencil or the back of tweazers or something like that and carefully not beat but knock on everything u der the tablet... This step is to bond your WiFi antenna back in place carefully do this
Do step 4 as much as needed but make sure your tablet is not plugged in and switch WiFi off before opening the tablet and while your knock and carefully touching everything inside of the tablet.
Step 5) close tablet switch WiFi on and see of it work. If not turn screen off open tablet up and knock on the hardware some more but carefully you should know what's too hard and what's not use common sense.
Last piece of insight I took my tweazers and carefully not hard at all squeezed the Grey wire that's connected to the screen digitizer on both sides and knocked on the silver hardware around the wires.
People please look into this if ePleaseted all other options I promise you it works it did for me and I'm back online now...