RCA | Toslink spdif | 3.5mm Best option for Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven007

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Hi everyone, I had just ordered the "Swans M10" for use in my PC and noticed it uses RCA type connection & I have multiple questions regarding cable routing choice and others.

(I have no experience in these so please correct me if I seem to have misunderstood something)

Q1. My motherboard does not have RCA in/output, so it seems I am compelled to use a converter. And since my motherboard has (Toslink) spdif, will it have any advantage using RCA-Toslink over using RCA-3.5mm jack?

Q2. Suppose there is Device A with inbuilt soundcard giving output to a Device B with also inbuilt soundcard. The souncard of which device will be put to use?

Q3. The brief difference of RCA & Toslink spdf (cases in which one should be used over the other)

Q4. Difference on Analog from Digital audio.

Thank you for your time and please write the question no. of your answer if you will.

1. no difference.
2. I don't understand what "put in use" means. If you are worried with one take the major CPU load, I say both negligible.
3. Already voted no difference.
4. Analog is susceptible to interfence, digital does not. Ideally, since the PC is a fairly "noisy" box, you don't want analog until the audio gets out of the PC box, so using an outboard DAC (Digital-To-Analog) converter as you are forced to is the better way.

raven007

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you for your input, I'm facing RF interference from a national station nearby and have done some research and would like to know if you have anything to share regarding the matter. I read that using a ferrite toroid would help in these situations and I'm about to order one but confused on near order that these ferrite toroids have different properties like "43.0uH@10kHz or 65.5uH@10kHz". Do these values matter in my situation or any will do? I might start a new thread depending on how you can help me.Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.