Shar__Pei

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
I have an RCA Viking II tablet my problem is that whenever I try to download from Google Play I keep getting insufficient storage. I have cleaned caches. Used Clean master to help clean. Scanned the net to see if I could find an answer as well.

I have tablet set to use SD Card for apps and have all apps that can be moved on the card.

Tablet shows that SD Card is default write disk Following is the issue:

Device storage shows that only 17.02 GB has been used of 68.72. (As you can see you'd think plenty of storage. HOWEVER

Internal Storage Shows that it is full with a usage of 10 GB of 10.72 used.
SD Card shows 7.7 of 57.99 used.

No matter how many programs I remove internal storage never changes. I can remove an app then go an try to install a different app that is smaller than what I removed I always get insufficient storage

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Thanks for any suggestions.

Forgot to mention that I have no issues with installing apps from Amazon.

Solution
Were any apps updated (including the google one) or installed just before the problem started? If so, you may want to try uninstalling what was installed, or remove the update and see if this resolves it. NOTE: When doing this, or the prior "Clear Data", make sure you reboot the device after. Some things will not take effect unless you do.

If that doesn't work, I am at a loss.
That is saying that your SD card is not set to be "Internal" storage. Which can only be done if your device is running Android "Marshmallow". If you are running, or can upgrade to, "Marshmallow" then you can try the following to set the card as "Internal" storage so that all apps should be able to be installed and run from the SD card. Now if you can't update to or don't have "Marshmallow", then your only option is to move things like photos, videos, music, etc., over to the card so you can free up space on the tablet itself.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Shar__Pei

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Thanks for replying. All that you mentioned above I have already made sure of. I am running marshmallow.

SD Card is formatted for internal. In fact I used to not have any issues at all. This problem seems to be with Google play. Did something change on Google?

I have no issues with installing apps from Amazon. Apps work and install as they should. No "memory" issues.

Only with Google play do I get the insufficient memory issues.

I know of no issue with Google Play. It could be something within the GP app. Have you tried clearing out the data for the app and then restarting the tablet?

NOTE: I don't mean removing the app. I mean going into "Settings", "Apps", locating the GP app, tap it and then tap "Clear Data".

Shar__Pei

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
That didn't work either. I did notice that the Google game app is storing to internal rather than SD card. Not sure if this is the issue. However I don't know how to change that that is if it is changeable. I have App Manager but it won't let me change it. Suggestions? Thanks! (I can't even update any Google Play apps until this is figured out). I did double check Amazon app, it is working correctly still.

Were any apps updated (including the google one) or installed just before the problem started? If so, you may want to try uninstalling what was installed, or remove the update and see if this resolves it. NOTE: When doing this, or the prior "Clear Data", make sure you reboot the device after. Some things will not take effect unless you do.

If that doesn't work, I am at a loss.

Solution