RCALED4633B TV & HTL2163b/F7 Soundbar Audio in

Lois_4

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
The only way I can see to connect Philips soundbar HTL2163B 2.1 is via red/white rca audio jacks or coaxial single jack. HDTV does not have bluetooth nor HDMI out nor ARC nor optical outlets. My TV cable plan is Wi Fi (Shaw Cable)on an Arris router and a Shaw Cable modem and I use a rented a PVR.
I have tried the following method with some older red/black audio cords instead of red/whiite. I connected the red/black to the red/white TV output and the other ends to the audio in on the soundbar. No soundbar sound. I tried another pair of audio cables and still no sound.
I went into my TV menu and changed the sound setting to Digital off since I believe the audio ports are analog. Still no sound from the soundbar. The soundbar is set to audio in.
Let me know what I should do to achieve sound on my bar.
Or shall I go with the other sort of obvious solution of buying a smarttv or optical cable ready TV?
Note I do not own any blue tooth devices or iphone.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Checking online your TV doesn't seem to have stereo RCA audio outputs. It has a coax digital audio out and a headphone out. You say the soundbar has a single RCA coax digital input so that should work since your TV has this kind of output. A coax digital audio cable is all you need. One half of the audio cable you have may work (some analog audio cables will work for digital too).
Try changing the digital audio output type if you have that option in the TV menu.
You can also use the headphone out.
Checking online your TV doesn't seem to have stereo RCA audio outputs. It has a coax digital audio out and a headphone out. You say the soundbar has a single RCA coax digital input so that should work since your TV has this kind of output. A coax digital audio cable is all you need. One half of the audio cable you have may work (some analog audio cables will work for digital too).
Try changing the digital audio output type if you have that option in the TV menu.
You can also use the headphone out.

Solution