Re-Recording Audio For 3D Sound. Is It Possible?

harrystam

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
I'm a audiophile. and I don't use that term loosely. I die for my music. But I've recently gone on a 3D music rampage and it is great stuff, but it's in limited supply.
I'm wondering if there is a way to convert or re-record original songs and turn them into 3D audio for a more immersive experience when I close my eyes. I am rocking the soundblaster ZX if that helps.
This is just a question of curiosity and poking your brains. I'm thinking "no" it can't be done. I'm really hoping there is a "yes" method out there, though.

I suppose - more simply... I want to take stereo sound and turn it into 3d surround sound.

I use headphones and 2.1 speakers on my pc. I don't hook up surround sound for my PC. I just think that's overkill. I leave the 6.1 for my home theater.

Thanks

Solution
You are an "audiophile". Your music is recorded in "stereo", two channels.
Being an audiophile, you've probably had cassette deck or tape deck. You know that each re-recording leads to loss in quality.

Finally - 2.1 system is "left, right, BOOM". This "BOOM" is not present on your stereo recordings, it is made from "thin air".

So - either re-purchase the music you want in "surround" (SAC CD, DVD Audio), upgrading your audio to 5.1 system, or configure your Sounblaster for "BOOM" - I am sure there's a setting to do that.
You are an "audiophile". Your music is recorded in "stereo", two channels.
Being an audiophile, you've probably had cassette deck or tape deck. You know that each re-recording leads to loss in quality.

Finally - 2.1 system is "left, right, BOOM". This "BOOM" is not present on your stereo recordings, it is made from "thin air".

So - either re-purchase the music you want in "surround" (SAC CD, DVD Audio), upgrading your audio to 5.1 system, or configure your Sounblaster for "BOOM" - I am sure there's a setting to do that.

Solution